Loving the Low-Carb Lifestyle

suggestions, recipes, and ideas for staying low-carb

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Watch Out!

When you are just beginning on the low-carb lifestyle, it is important to realize that there are hidden carbs in various foods. A good example that I can give you is the wonderful chicken salad at a local restaurant that I love. This is by far the most phenomenal chicken salad that I have ever tasted. If I could afford it, I would eat this chicken salad all day, every day. However, there are hidden carbs in this chicken salad. You see, one of the ingredients that makes this chicken salad so delicious is Craisins. Craisins, like regular raisins, contain carbs, and not just a few. They are very sweet, and, even in moderation, can add a lot of unknown sugars and carbs to your daily intake. Knowing this, I try not to eat this chicken salad often, and when I do, I try to eat only a little at a time. Watch for other foods with hidden carbs in them. Read labels and do searches online. I know I hate the thought of sabotaging my weight loss because of the unknown!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home