Loving the Low-Carb Lifestyle

suggestions, recipes, and ideas for staying low-carb

Friday, February 18, 2011

Get to Publix!

Just a quick note for those of you who are "Loving the Low-Carb Lifestyle." A while back, I posted a wonderful recipe for stir-fry. That is one of my favorite meals, and I have found a way to make it a little easier. This is especially helpful on nights like I have had for the past week. I have found Eat Smart Vegetables.
These are great bagged vegetables that you can buy at the grocery store. Right now, Publix has them marked down to $1.00 per bag. I like to buy them in bulk when this happens, and keep them in the freezer until I am ready to use them.

With this meal, I like to use pre-cooked shrimp that I keep in the freezer. I thaw them out for a few minutes, and toward the end of cooking the veggies, I throw them in. I start by oiling up a pan with extra virgin olive oil and heating it to medium. Once it is hot, I add in a bag of the stir fry. Then I add in the shrimp. I leave it cooking until the vegetables are to the consistency that I like. I add in garlic salt, and soy sauce (sodium free) to taste. This makes a great meal by itself, and it's so easy to do.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home